I “think” I am prepared, at least logistically, for JayP’s Backyard Fat Pursuit, a 200k fat bike race from Island Park to West Yellowstone … then back.
- Salsa Beargrease with Revelate Designs bags and Dogwood Designs Pogies.
- Required Stuff
- 0*F Down Sierra Designs Bag
- Big Agnes Air Core Insulated Pad
- REI Ultra Light Bivy
- JetBoil Zip
- Black Diamond Storm Headlamp and Princeton Tec Remix with an additional rear tail red blinky
- Map (will be provided)
- Rented SPOT locator beacon
- Helmet (I know but feel safer) with wool cap, turtle fur balaclava
- Silk base layer, Red Barn jersey, wool hoodie, Patagonia micro puff, Patagonia shell
- REI prima loft mitts with shells and Smart-wool liners
- Red Barn shorts, REI winterflight wind pants, Patagonia pant shell
- 45 Nrth Wölvhammer boots, Darn Tough Socks wool long socks with backup pair and OR gators
- Two insulated 24 oz Camelback water bottles and a HydroFlask thermos complete with 3 batches of chia seed soup and bulletproof coffee on board
- 12-24 Epic Buffalo and Beef bars
- Tube and tools
- Olive oil infused with tea tree oil, MCT Oil, and grass fed cow butter
3 thoughts on “Ready For JayP’s Backyard Fat Pursuit”
Bill stop by sometime, I want to show you the bike I built for myself.
I would like to trade it for a Fatbike!
I will. A good place to look for deals is https://www.facebook.com/#/groups/fatbiketrader/